[K12OSN] Yum update ?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Dec 17 05:19:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, norbert wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> It's getting late ...
>
> [root at krypton adobe]# rpm -q --whatprovides  mozilla-acroread
> no package provides mozilla-acroread

Ok.

> Resolving dependencies
> ....Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package mozilla-acroread needs acroread = 5.0.9, this is not available.

Not Ok.

> Now I downloaded & installed acroread 5.0.9 & I still get this. Is this
> message generated from the server ?

No, it is generated by yum.

So here are a couple more things to try:

1) the plugin name is nppdf.so, let's do a search for that and see
    if rpm knows what package it belongs to:

 		rpm -qf `locate nppdf.so`

2) If not, lets see if we can guess what the mystery package is:

 		rpm -qa | grep -i acroread
 		rpm -qa | grep -i adobe
 		rpm -qa | grep -i mozilla

    one of those is bound to list a non-fedora/k12ltsp package

3) I just built acroread-5.0.10 & acroread-plugin-5.0.10 packages,
    try downloading these and running "rpm -Uhv acroread*rpm" on them.
    This will either upgrade the problem package or it is likely
    to give you a conflict error. In the first case: problem solved,
    in the second: problem identified.

    ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/RPMS/

-Eric