[K12OSN] Sound

Bjørn Roger Rasmussen brr at brr.no
Fri Dec 17 07:06:02 UTC 2004

Hello!

I have tried much to get sound to work at the LTSP thin clients in K12LTSP
4.2.0 beta. But finally I have managed to understand the setup.

I had to do the following things:

- Activate sound_daemon = "esd" in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
- In Gnome: Choosing ESD sound system in Applications > Preferences > More
Preferences > Multimedia Systems Selector.
- In XMMS: Choosing eSound output plugin in Options > Preferences > Output
Plugin.

But:

Can someone tell me the pros and cons between ESD and NASD? I have not
managed to get NASD to work.

Bjorn Roger Rasmussen

***
Bjørn Roger Rasmussen ( http://www.brr.no/ )