[K12OSN] 4.1 or 4.2?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Dec 20 16:54:43 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 11:07 -0500, Calvin Park wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Over the winter break here I'm planning on setting up a new K12LTSP
> server. I'm looking forward to it and I've wanted to go with 4.2.
> However, I need to have the box setup, tweaked, and ready for use by the
> 15th of January. So, I'm curious to hear what everyone would recommend.
> Should I go with the old 4.1 or should I hold out and go with 4.2? Also,
> could someone fill me in on some of what 4.2 offers over 4.1 (aside from
> FC3 and Firefox)? Thanks in advance everyone. Have a great holiday.
>
> -Calvin

Last night/this morning I uploaded "pre-release #1" for K12LTSP 4.2.0.

There are only two reasons why this is not the "official" final release:

1) It looks like there is an important PHP security update about to be
released, if that happens in the next 24 hours or so I'll incorporate
that into the final 4.2.0.

2) I have not put together a changelog yet.

I upgraded Paul Nelson's production servers to 4.2.0 this weekend...

-Eric