[K12OSN] Vidwo Editing Software

Tom Ventresco aust_txv at ACCESS-K12.org
Tue Dec 28 16:21:58 UTC 2004

> Cinelerra - This is supposedly a pretty high-end program, but I haven't
> played around w/ it enough to get any results.

Greetings,

I am also looking for video editting for linux.  I have used Cinelerra
(lightly - - installed it, combined a few mpeg clips) Cinelerra's big
feature is render farming.   Cinelerra has a bit of an issue with
installing ???  I did not see it, I installed on a 2.2Ghz (Toshiba) laptop
and Mandrake 10.0 with no problem.  There are a ton of tutorials.  I found
it user-friendly also, again I did not take it for a long ride ( I found
the suggested hardware CRAZY ! so I had to try to install it to see if it
would ever work...It does.)  If I was doing something huge, I would look
hard at the hardware section.

Another one I found was MainActor v5 for Linux
http://www.mainconcept.com/products.shtml   99$
I have not used this one.  99$ I like that.

Blender does some video editting, but i have not used it for that purpose.

Hope this helps,

Tom Ventresco