Re: [K12OSN] Fwd: sqidguard setup

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Ascension Tech wrote:

> I'm sure someone has brought this up before but i just can't find what
> i'm looking for in the archives.  My appoligies if this is totally
> obvious.  I have a
> seperate box for squidguard.  Unfoutrunately teachers and students
> have to share machines sometimes.   I'd like for teachers not to be
> blocked so they can check their web email. I'd also like to lock down
> the sutdents browsers.  Is there a way to permanently set the proxy
> settings on a per group or user basis?  Again, static ips for the

You need to have the teachers and perhaps students login to the squid
so it can identify them by name and can filter based on that (or perhaps
their group).  This is on my to do list, but I have not gotten to it
yet.  Hence, no reply.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE       jim rossberry com http://www.rossberry.com
Thomas Paine