[K12OSN] The boot problem again

Jack jackpal at cfl.rr.com
Wed Dec 1 01:24:50 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 08:13 +0100, Bjørn Roger Rasmussen wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It is not just with Nero 6 it is possible to get a non bootable disc 1. I
> tried to burn CD 1 with the freeware program CDBurnerXP Pro 3 now and got
> the same problem there.
>
> I have tried to download the .ISO files many times both at home and here at
> work, both with Internet Explorer, Firefox web reader and FlashFXP FTP
> program. The downloaded files are ok, but I have the boot problem whatever
> I do... (Version 4.1.0 had no this problem at all!)
>
> But: When I cheat with boot.iso I get everything installed and everything
> works ok. So I can get around the problem, but it is irritating anyway!
>
> Bjorn Roger Rasmussen
>
> ***
> Bjørn Roger Rasmussen ( http://www.brr.no/ )

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here because this thing is dragging on
too much.  Are any of you that are having this problem burning the cds
with XP sp2 ?  Service pack 2 replaced the ASPI layer with something
called SPTI, I'm not really sure about the name but I know this from a
very good friend who knows his stuff.  He is dealing with all kinds of
issues with applications not working correctly with the new Microsoft
"invention"   There has always been problems with ASPI and MS products.
Seems they never could decide on a version.  I downloaded and burned the
images and booted them with no problems.  I do not use XP for anything.

Here is some more information:

http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~aa571/aspi.htm
--
Jack <jackpal at cfl.rr.com>