[K12OSN] Re: Computer goes to sleep and never wakes up

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Wed Dec 1 12:34:10 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 18:46, Frank Samuelson wrote:
> Shut off  apmd if it is running on your clients.
> I had to do that w/ my thicker clients.
> Though it probably isn't running if you're using K12LTSP.
>
> Jennifer Waters wrote:
> > When my thin clients go to sleep, they loose the
> > signal to the server.   Any one have any suggestions
> > on what is happening?

Forgive my rambling question in response to this thread:

Solutions offered on this thread, that has been repeated several times
in the context of power-saving and screensavers, is to disable
power-saving in the thin client bios.  Not having ventured down this
path myself, is there any way to continue to allow power saving on the
client so that it just wakes up when someone sits down to logon?  The
goal of saving electricity seems less important to many LTSP setups than
it is to environmentalists like me. Or, do I have that wrong too ;-) ?

--
	Regards,

	Gavin Chester