[K12OSN] K12LTSP & Workstation Sound

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Dec 1 17:09:46 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 12:00 -0500, Gideon Romm wrote:
> :)  Shawn, you're funny.  I couldn't live without my streaming mp3s
> during the day...
>
> You should be aware of one thing that isn't in my hpwto:  The /tmp
> directory gets cleared periodically, so you will find that /tmp/.esd
> directory will get removed.  You should compensate for this, either
> manually or with some appropriate script that recreates the directory
> if it is not present.  Annoying, but hey, workarounds always are...
>
> :)
>
> Enjoy!
>
> -Gideon

Thanks for the info Gideon... I'm already working on packaging it ;-)

I'm thinking that a cron job that checks for /tmp/.esd/socket and
creates
it if it does not exist would be the least hackish approach.

I can add a post-install script to the ltsp-sound package that checks
for
the /usr/lib/libesd.so.1 symlink. These two additions should do the
trick.

-Eric