Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP & Workstation Sound

Eric Harrison wrote:

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 12:00 -0500, Gideon Romm wrote:

:)  Shawn, you're funny.  I couldn't live without my streaming mp3s
during the day...

You should be aware of one thing that isn't in my hpwto:  The /tmp
directory gets cleared periodically, so you will find that /tmp/.esd
directory will get removed.  You should compensate for this, either
manually or with some appropriate script that recreates the directory
if it is not present.  Annoying, but hey, workarounds always are...

:)

Enjoy!

-Gideon

Thanks for the info Gideon... I'm already working on packaging it ;-)

I'm thinking that a cron job that checks for /tmp/.esd/socket and
creates
it if it does not exist would be the least hackish approach.

I can add a post-install script to the ltsp-sound package that checks
for
the /usr/lib/libesd.so.1 symlink. These two additions should do the
trick.

-Eric