[K12OSN] I haven't discovered these terminal sound answers

Because of the assortment of sound cards and motherboard sound chips that I have, I have at different times been able to get some working in NASD and others at different times in esd. Is it possible to have both nasd and esd activated at t ehsame time and can the kernal sort out which it should use on its own or is it possible to specify in the lts.conf file which should be used for each terminal? I already have a section for each terminal in the lts.conf file because of video so adding lines for sound would be no problem if this would work.

Thanks
Pat