Re: [K12OSN] Fwd: sqidguard setup

If you have ldap going you might want to look at

http://workaround.org/squid/wiki/LdapAuthentication

Seems to have reasonable documentation on how to authenticate using ldap with squid

Only caveats I can see at this time are to do with people who walk away from the machine and leave a higher level of authentication going. For example,
1. how to time squid sessions out ==>  credentialsttl parameter
2. How to prevent people saving mozilla / firefox passwords ==> other people have probably worked that out on this list. But I haven't got a link to hand.

If you want to authenticate against Samba/ Windows you may wish to look at this example
http://www.harkness.co.uk/proxy/squid.conf

regards,
Hamish Kibblewhite