[K12OSN] multiple LTSP servers same network: tips/ tricks/ handouts

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Thu Dec 2 13:16:27 UTC 2004

Hello Dennis,

We started off with one dual p3 2 GB ram and el-cheapo 10/100 switch. 24
terminals were acceptable but we ran 30 and everything
was a little poky. We used abbyword you might want to give it a try.

We added a second server and nfs mounted /home over on it's own nic with
a crossover cable. A lug member wrote a little script that copies all
pertinent files from server A to server B. We have been using this setup
for every version of K12LTSP for 3 years now. Something similar should
work for you. I's add another nic to each of your servers. Put them on
their own subnet. We use 192.168.2.0 Once you have that done you need to
get nfs working.

Here is a good link on nfs.

http://k12ltsp.howtoz.net/k12ltsp/nfs_homeI.htm

http://www.ibiblio.org/mdw/LDP/nag/node141.html#SECTION0013100000