[K12OSN] Connect to OSX Server?

David Tisdell penguintiz at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 17:17:46 UTC 2004

You could either do an NFS export or connect via
samba. If you do NFS make sure your UID's and GID's
match up.
Dave
Message: 7
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 13:03:17 -0800
From: "Selzler, Bruce" <SelzlerB at esuhsd.org>
Subject: [K12OSN] Connect to OSX Server?
To: <k12osn at redhat.com>
<0F900389C3BCBF4D98226694DBE963F2096324A8 at ECMAIL1.esuhsd.org>

Hello Team,

I've just started using K12 LTSP and find it quite
amazing.  However we
use OSX servers here for our student file servers.
They are not on our
domain, but they server both apple share as well as
windows shares.

Is there a way to connect to these servers via linux?
I'd like to be
able to put an icon/link to the server on each client
desktop to make
connecting a bit easier as well.  Any help on this
would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

- Sez