[K12OSN] Help, need more space on ext3 partition

Guy-Michel Lessard GLessard at cegepoutaouais.qc.ca
Thu Dec 2 18:19:01 UTC 2004

My root (/) partition is very full and the students could not get logged
in. I purged some files and got 50MB of free space.
There is and
I have 3GB root(/), 2GB(/home), 256MB swap and 7GB of free space on the
disk in that order.
I moved the swap partition out of the way to the end so as to move
/home partition but then Qtparted et Partition Magic does'nt  want to
redimension or move ext3. I looked up Qtparted homepage and it states
that i cant move or resize Ext2 and 3.
1- Does someone know how to increase this partition?
2- I remenber having seen something about adding a partition so as to
increase a existant linux partition, has someone seen or used this?