[K12OSN] Help, need more space on ext3 partition

My root (/) partition is very full and the students could not get logged in. I purged some files and got 50MB of free space.
There is and
I have 3GB root(/), 2GB(/home), 256MB swap and 7GB of free space on the disk in that order.
I moved the swap partition out of the way to the end so as to move /home partition but then Qtparted et Partition Magic does'nt  want to redimension or move ext3. I looked up Qtparted homepage and it states that i cant move or resize Ext2 and 3.
1- Does someone know how to increase this partition?
2- I remenber having seen something about adding a partition so as to increase a existant linux partition, has someone seen or used this?