[K12OSN] alternative power supply

Angus Carr acarr at saskforestcentre.ca
Thu Dec 2 19:05:20 UTC 2004

pnakashi at k12.hi.us wrote:

>----- Original Message -----
>From: Rob Owens <robowens at myway.com>
>>The best thing to do would be to actually measure the power 
>>consumption.  You could do it on the input side and you wouldn't 
>>have to open the case.
>We have power issues in our school lab. I would really be interested in finding out how to do this. Anyone know?
>K12OSN mailing list
>K12OSN at redhat.com
>For more info see <http://www.k12os.org>
Find an electrician with the right meter. You want them to measure AC 
amps using an induction meter (I think). Given AC amps and nominal 
voltage, they can tell you the wattage. They can also do it for whole 
circuits at the breaker panel.

Angus Carr.

More information about the K12OSN mailing list