Re: [K12OSN] alternative power supply

pnakashi k12 hi us wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: Huck <dhuckaby paasda org>

... the YEStation Mini uses only 10 watts of power max =) ... and
cost less than $300 each...

We are in a financially challenged situation. We can get many older
PII's for free and are using these as thin clients. Barring a lottery
win, this is our strategy. Thus my interest in lowering power
consumption as much as possible.

However, if I can prove that low power LCD monitors and thin clients
are worth purchasing (for their long term power cost savings), that
would be great too. I need a way to figure out exactly how much our
thin clients are costing us in terms of electricity.

Peter, Tom, Michael's co-worker at McKinley, would be more than thrilled to loan you his equipment (if needed) and give you the knowledge to accomplish this. He loves to break out that ring thing and measure currents.

Your metrics could be very informative to every one, and the kids could spreadsheet it. I would also wonder if WYSE, HP, or Sun have their own marketing metrics promoting their energy savings over PC's.

--scott

--
R. Scott Belford
Founder/Director