[K12OSN] V4.2 beta 5 & SATA

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Fri Dec 3 04:48:36 UTC 2004

norbert <bear2bar netscape net> Wrote:

Hi,

Anyone with experience using Beta5 with a Promise S-ATA Raid controller
?
I'm getting some wierd results;
On boot-up if I've configured the drives (2 x 80GB) as RAID 1, I get a
message that no Logical volums were found.
Now if I configure the system without RAID 1 then it doesn't "see" my
second NIC. The add-on it sees but the on-board it doesn't ???

This was a fully working system with V4.01, but with 4.1.1 the second
NIC cannot be configured, neither with neat or manually with eth0-cfg
& with 4.2 RAID & networking are a problem.

thks
norbert

Hello Norbert,

Take a look at this