Re: [K12OSN] Servers

If incorrect burns are the problem, here are directions to use an OS X computer, without using Toast:
- Open the Disk Utility program (Applications\Utilities)
- Select Images -> Burn then select the first ISO
- Pop in a CD-R and click Burn

I've used this successfully with several Linux distros.

See ya!
Mike

Jim Hays wrote:
It sounds like the CDs are not burned correctly. You say you burned the CD's with Toast. Did you drag the files onto the drive and then burn the CD? This won't work. You must select the ISO and tell the software to burn the CD from the image file. (I am not familar with Toast so I don't know the step by step.)

tom Lingenfelter wrote:

I am very new to the Linux OS.  I read the article in
Ed Tech about K12LTSP a few days ago and became very
interested.  I downloaded v. 4.1.1 on an OS X computer
and burned 4 CDs, using Toast to burn them.  I have
now tried to load these CDs on to a fairly good
windows machine. Does the windows computer need to
have the hard drive reformated.   I went into system
setup and enabled the computer to boot from the CD
drive, but I'm having no luck.  I have downloaded all
the Howtos from the website (K12LTSP) but am stuck.  I
have even ordered a set of CDs.  I would like to move
along instead of waiting.  Is there anyone in the
Southern Tier of Western NY that wouldn't mind a few
extra emails to point me in the right direction.