Re: [K12OSN] Edutainment Package

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
Does anyone know of a central place to retrieve all of the software
bundled in the Edutainment category of K12LTSP?  I want to put this
package of software on different local installs for potential schools to
check out before trying the lab.  But the hardware they have is all
iMacs.  So I want to load up YellowDog and throw the Edutainment package
on it.

You can install Debian on a powerpc. Go with testing. Install the Desktop profile. When you log in, selecting KDE as your window manager, you will have a decently stocked edutainment menu. "Apt-cache search" for any other programs that you want, or just type "apt-cache search education" and pick away. I have used Debian on the ppc for years; you won't be disappointed.

--scott