Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP & Workstation Sound

Eric Harrison wrote:
The problem, or potential problem I should say, is that if
/tmp/.esd/socket exists then esd will refuse to run except
as the user who owns /tmp/.esd/socket.

I'm befuddled a bit here -- are you talking about /etc/.esd/socket being created on the client, or on the server? It's only required on the server (to fool flash into thinking esd is running locally) -- and esd doesn't need to run at all on the server...

Unless you mean just that -- esd won't run on the server if you enable this hack, in which case I agree it's a bit sloppy if users log into the server locally...

Did I just add confusion, or did I completely misunderstand? :)

Hey, at least it's Friday,
-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers