[K12OSN] profile.d question

Burroughs, Henry HBurroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Fri Dec 3 23:39:51 UTC 2004

Dave,

I wrote the script you are using on the Wiki (Thanks Petre for getting that on there).  When run, the script should set an environmental variable called SETPRINTERS.  If you log into a client (with the script in /etc/profile.d/ at least), that variable should get set.  Just run "echo $SETPRINTER" and it should say that it is =true... If that isn't there, then for some reason your profile.d scripts aren't running... hmm... did you make the script executable?  run "ls -l setprinter.sh" while in the /etc/profile.d/ directory and make sure you have the "x" bits set, otherwise the script will not run.  Run "chmod a+x setprinter.sh" in the profile.d directory again.  Try loging in again and see if the variable is set. =)

Henry