Re: [K12OSN] Re: RAID 10

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 21:13, Liam Marshall wrote:

> Someone else told me that 30 users at a time was doable on an EIDE
> system, with acceptable performance.  Not great performance. but acceptable

I'd max out the RAM on a server first, then look at faster drives for
performance. Terminal users typically cause a lot of read access loading
programs and more RAM will maintain the frequently accessed parts in
cache instead of having to go to disk again at all.

----
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com