[K12OSN] What to do with Windows 2000 Server?

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Sat Dec 4 19:06:13 UTC 2004

Hi

Ok, this is a serious question despite the subject which is something of
a joke.

I actually found an unopened copy of Windows 2000 server in a box at a
Boy's and Girl's club that is running LTSP.  I plan to use it to replace
two Windows XP PCs used for Simply Accounting (via rdesktop) with one
Windows 2K server.

However, I am not sure whether I should make it a domain controller or
not.  As there are no other Windows machines and all user files are kept
on the LTSP server I am not sure that there is any point.

Any thoughts?

Tim