Re: [K12OSN] hotplug issue

eharrison mail mesd k12 or us wrote:

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, norbert wrote:

HI,

With V4.2 beta 5 I'm getting an error when a thin client logs in with a PXE boot CD.
"hotplug [] DEVPATH is not set "

What do you mean by "a thin client logs in with a PXE boot CD"?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

I use a PXE boot CD for a diskless desktop machine (a.k.a thin client)
to boot from the server (P-IV w K12ltsp V4.2 beta5)

When the CD boots I select option 2 (XDM) on the client and monitor on
the server the messages (tail - f /var/log/messages ).
This also occurs when I use a rom-o-matic boot diskette
This gives me "hal.hotplug []: DEVPATH is not set" and the client comes up with a solid gray screen. No other error messages !
BTW frrom the server it does show that a DHCP request is recieved & an
IP address is given.

Suggestions please

thks
norbert