Re: [K12OSN] Teacher Forums

Hi Scott,

I'm open to anything that will help create the best atmosphere for teachers to communicate with each other. Since there is probably differences in curriculum between the US, Canada and other countries I thought a bbs with multiple forums would work. I know in Canada there may be differences provincially as well.

Since the tech side shares very similiar problems/ideas would the teachers side be worth seperate forums or just use an email list like this one?

R. Scott Belford wrote:
Here in Hawaii we wrestled with creating a separate, more teacher-friendly list, and we discussed in great length the relative merits of a mailman list vs. phpbbs. We created and ran a BB for a while, but without active moderation, many questions went unanswered and most of us were accustomed to a standard mailing list. If the desire exists to use this technology for a teacher forum, we certainly have the bandwidth (UH) and the hardware.

Red Hat has graciously offered to host another list. They contacted Paul Nelson, the moderator. He and Eric can have this done.

I wonder, would the list prefer

a. A new, teacher focused mailman list
b. A new, teacher focused bb
c. A new developers list, leaving K12OSN to its original intent of being an end-user list. (Paul pointed this out)
d. Two new mailman lists for end users and developers

I personally think a new, clean space that only novice end-users are *encouraged* to enter is the easiest.

--scott