[K12OSN] Teacher Forums

Pat patnewsletters at ip-wizard.com
Mon Dec 6 02:55:41 UTC 2004

Eric Harrison wrote:

> As I've stated in the past, I'd really rather not try to split up
> the existing community. A mixture of technical and non-technical
> people is what has got us this far.
>
> On the other hand, I can see the great value in a "users" list for
> those "how do I make an openoffice template" type of questions. I
> understand that John EndUser would be confused or intimidated by
> the questions asked by Jane SysAdmin.
>

> If we do choose to setup a new forum, I'd like it to have as much
> cross-pollination as possible with this forum.
>
> So I guess I vote for a. A new, teacher focused mailman list
>
> -Eric

Eric - you are the man and I completely see your fear regarding
splitting the community.  I read this list precisely because of that
community and diversity.  I guess I just see/saw an opportunity to help
out, and am willing to do that, but I wouldn't want the attempt to help
turn out to be a detriment!

I could host a mailman list, a bbs or bow out as you see most helpful,
you're the man so I'll certainly go along with your wishes.

Pat