Re: [K12OSN] Re: Teacher Forums

I think the actual PURPOSE is what needs to be focused on...
If I were looking for a solution for the truly ignorant...I'm not sure what I'd do.
The variety of questions I receive are absolutely vague from those who do not know anything about the technology they are using.
Kind of like the person who goes to the mechanic and says their car is making a strange noise...(real helpful right?)

What I envision teachers asking is HOW a specific program/tool they have access to works or can be used in teaching?
KmPlot for instance...or TeacherTool with the VNC thing.

So I guess I would envision a little web page somewhere with a list of 'most k12ltsp edutainment and other applications'
each a hyperlink to an explanation of how the program functions(as a tool for learning? if so how is it integrated with curriculm etc)
It doesn't need to be a question and answer session...a summary of how to utilize each program and how to use it in a teaching/learning setting.

(note: the 'wise' teachers will use their brighter students and encourage them to go figure out how and show them =)

--Huck