[K12OSN] Re: Teacher Forums

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Dec 6 17:01:33 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 10:38, Huck wrote:

> So I guess I would envision a little web page somewhere with a list of
> 'most k12ltsp edutainment and other applications'
> each a hyperlink to an explanation of how the program functions(as a
> tool for learning? if so how is it integrated with curriculm etc)

I think the 'best-of-all-worlds' approach would be to add this
section to the existing k12ltsp wiki if it isn't already there
where you can accumulate some general advice plus a good collection
of templates, examples, teaching materials and overview
presentations.  Then a separate teaching-oriented mailing list could
cover updates/additions to these topics and deal with the
already-answered questions by posting links to the wiki pages.
The trick to making it work is, of course, getting people to
maintain the wiki.  And if you could get any extremely patient
volunteer to deal with it, you could have a 'post a question' form
tied to the wiki with the results tidied up by a moderator to remove
the spam before going out to the list.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com