Re: [K12OSN] xserver error

dhuckaby paasda org wrote:

AUTO seems to only work on the newer hardware (in my experience)
and VESA has worked for EVERYTHING I've tried...a variety of out of the box thin clients and those "junker" donations as well.
I always say "try it"...it won't break anything for sure..and if it does...a simple edit and you're back...
I'm a copy/paste and comment-out person =)
that way you just have to remove one '#' and insert another

--Huck

norbert wrote:

dhuckaby paasda org wrote:

try using VESA in your /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf file for your

XSERVER = VGA

--Huck

bear2bar netscape net wrote:

Hi,

Odd problem when I first launched beta all the stations worked, shortly after some ws were restarted and came up with the following problem.

Parse error on line 60 of section monitor in file /tmp/XF86Config.1
(EE) Problem parsing the config file
(EE) Error parsing the config file

Fatal server error
no screens found

and just when I thought it was finally working !!!!!

HELP !!!!

norbert

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Hi Huck,

Thanks for the suggestion but I thought that the setting should be left to "auto" unless you're dealing with very old hardware.... I should change this to "VESA" instead ?

norbert