[K12OSN] Re: Fun Network Games?

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Mon Dec 6 21:42:00 UTC 2004

Hi,

Can I hijack this thread?

I've been curious for a while about this subject.  Are these games that you
are mentioning things where kids can play against each other, in real time,
from different thin clients?  I was wondering if there were any real time,
multiplayer games that would really take advantage of the whole thin client
thing, meaning that all the games were actually being played on the same
computer, so network latency isn't a factor even though graphic latency
is?   I dunno, any ideas about games particularly suited to a thin client
architecture?  Also, is there a blanket way to make game preferences and
high scores universal to the server, not locked to individual accounts?

thanks,

ck