[K12OSN] MAP Testing through the NWEA (Measures of Academic Progress)

Just wondering if anyone out there has experience with setting up this testing system on their k12ltsp network. Our school wants to participate in this as part of the data collection efforts of the Small Schools Initiative. I received an email from our director asking me to see if our "network" is ready for this by reviewing the details at:

http://www.nwea.org/support/implementation/

We are not actually a school in a district, but a self-contained school that is affiliated with five surrounding school districts. As I am reading through this, the says "must be installed on a Windows-based computer that can be accessed from anywhere in the district", and then later on "The Test Administration Application must be installed on a windows-based computer with IE 5.01 or higher".

I don't know yet how many students will be assessed at a time, but we have only windows machines for each teacher and staff person, the rest are all thin clients. Should I be completely discouraged or is there perhaps someone I might be able to have help me to see if we can get this to work on our network? Opinions anyone?

Every time someone comes along with a program to help our students with learning, it requires windows computers. Earlier this year and currently we are struggling with an application called Kurzweil that "reads" books, documents, and articles to the students that is entirely windows based, and requires much support, to get and keep running properly. Just what we need another application that everyone must have access to that requires windows-based machines. :^(

Rita Gibson