[K12OSN] MAP Testing through the NWEA (Measures of Academic Progress)

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 7 15:41:34 UTC 2004

Just wondering if anyone out there has experience with setting up this
testing system on their k12ltsp  network. Our school wants to
participate in this as part of the data collection efforts of the Small
Schools Initiative. I received an email from our director asking me to
see if our "network" is ready for this by reviewing the details at:

http://www.nwea.org/support/implementation/

We are not actually a school in a district, but a self-contained school
that is affiliated with five surrounding school districts. As I am
reading through this, the  says "must be installed on a Windows-based
computer that can be accessed from anywhere in the district", and then
later on "The Test Administration Application must be installed on a
windows-based computer with IE 5.01 or higher".

I don't know yet how many students will be assessed at a time, but  we
have only windows machines for each teacher and staff person, the rest
are all thin clients. Should I be completely discouraged or is there
perhaps someone I might be able to have help me to see if we can get
this to work on our network? Opinions anyone?

Every time someone comes along with a program to help our students with
learning, it requires windows computers. Earlier this year and currently
we are struggling with an application called Kurzweil that "reads"
books, documents, and articles to the students that is entirely windows
based, and requires much support, to get and keep running properly. Just
what we need another application that everyone must have access to that
requires windows-based machines. :^(

Rita Gibson