[K12OSN] cd burner disappeared

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Dec 7 19:48:43 UTC 2004

Years ago, I had a CD burner on a machine with SCSI drives, same kind of
problem.  As I recall, there was a kernel parameter or two that I passed to tell
the kernel to treat the IDE device as a SCSI device, and then the system could
see it.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the particulars, but hopefully this
will give you a start toward a solution.

Petre