Re: [K12OSN] cd burner disappeared

Years ago, I had a CD burner on a machine with SCSI drives, same kind of problem. As I recall, there was a kernel parameter or two that I passed to tell the kernel to treat the IDE device as a SCSI device, and then the system could see it. Unfortunately, I don't remember the particulars, but hopefully this will give you a start toward a solution.

Petre

Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
Dear Folks,
 I have suddenly discovered that on my K12 4.1.x servers the cd burners
that worked just fine under 3.1.x have disappeared: cdrecord -scanbus
returns only scsi hard drives. Any remedies? julius