Re: [K12OSN] cd burner disappeared

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 12:07, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

> I have suddenly discovered that on my K12 4.1.x servers the cd burners
> that worked just fine under 3.1.x have disappeared: cdrecord -scanbus
> returns only scsi hard drives. Any remedies? julius

The kernel and cdrecord have flip-flopped about whether ide-scsi
emulation is a good idea or not.  I don't think the emulation is
loaded by default anymore and may not work right on kernel 2.6.x
anyway. Try giving the device on the command line like:
cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc -checkdrive
                 ^^^ actual device or /dev/cdrom if symlinked

---
   Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com