Re: [K12OSN] cd burner disappeared

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 04:14, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 12:07, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
>
> > I have suddenly discovered that on my K12 4.1.x servers the cd burners
> > that worked just fine under 3.1.x have disappeared: cdrecord -scanbus
> > returns only scsi hard drives. Any remedies? julius
>
> The kernel and cdrecord have flip-flopped about whether ide-scsi
> emulation is a good idea or not.  I don't think the emulation is
> loaded by default anymore and may not work right on kernel 2.6.x
> anyway. Try giving the device on the command line like:
> cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc -checkdrive
>                  ^^^ actual device or /dev/cdrom if symlinked
>
> ---
>    Les Mikesell
>     les futuresource com

Long ago (in computer years) I compiled my own xcdroast on a RH7
system.  I had to setup SCSI emulation to have the CD seen by the system
&/or xcdroast.  The xcdroast manual contains info. on how to setup IDE
drives to emulate SCSI.  Maybe you have to do that again?  If you don't
have it maybe the manual is avail. online.

--
	Regards,

	Gavin Chester