Re: [K12OSN] access to samba shares from winxp

No what I meant was to have a W2K server on your K12ltsp network, then the kids could access the "legacy" - (seems odd to talk about legacy & Win in the same sentence ....) app via rdesktop. No need to switch anything both Linux & Win would be available from the same terminals.
BTW there are programs & organizations where you can get a FREE W2K license along with the CALS specifically for non-profits.

Ahhh... right... something to investigate next year I think. A W2K will cost $money$ and we'll have to wait for that (unless I could use an old PIII?). I also want to look into setting up an 'application' server (same thing right?). I haven't a clue what that involves just yet. One step at a time!

Cheers
norbert