Re: [ok-mail] Re: [K12OSN] access to samba shares from winxp

jhansknecht hanstech com wrote:
On Tuesday 07 December 2004 20:14, norbert wrote:

No what I meant was to have a W2K server on your K12ltsp network, then
the kids could access the "legacy" - (seems odd to talk about legacy &
Win in the same sentence ....) app via rdesktop. No need to switch
anything both Linux & Win would be available from the same terminals.
BTW there are programs & organizations where you can get a FREE W2K
license along with the CALS specifically for non-profits.

We are using this rdesktop with Windows terminal server to support our
'legacy' applications. For the record the Windows Server 2003 terminal server
is much better then the Windows 2000 Server terminal server software. If you
have a choice use Windows server 2003 for your windows terminal server.

Hi John,

Yes Server2003 is much better than W2K but Server2003 costs a lot more and from my experience is a royal pain to configure.

norbert