Re: [K12OSN] LTSP Teacher Forum

Bryant,

The site looks great! It's the general idea that I was looking for.

I like the conferences as well.

If you help show the value of Open Source software (even for Windows) you can show more OSS that would be great in education but it may only be for Linux hence the LTSP.

I'm also looking to get/write some white papers showing the benefits of Open Source Software in schools. Perhaps if you have something we can share. Others here have convinced some schools go to this direction and if would summarize the points they made we can design something to pass out.

I did notice that the permissions were set to allow anyone to post even if they had not signed up. Just a thought of forcing authentication before posting so there wouldn't be any anonymous posting.

How permanent is the site?

Great Job!

Jason

Bryant Patten wrote:
Jason -

Some of us that met at the Christa McAuliffe Technology conference in NH last week decided to start a mailing list to share ideas about increasing acceptance of Open Source solutions into schools in the New England area. As part of that effort, I mocked up a PHPBB system. I just put it up last night so there are no posts to it yet but the plan is to spark some ideas about what kinds of topics might be useful to discuss. Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.edcto.org/frost

Bryant