Re: [K12OSN] Good News!

In one board, the hardware is only supported by the techs. If a client goes down it's fixed or replaced with another from Computers for Schools. If there is software problems it's dealt with by the computer consultant.

Rob Owens wrote:
How do you guys handle the tech support aspect of getting K12LTSP into schools? Do you agree to train their IT staff (or IT person) and then offer email assistance for a certain period of time? Is it all for free, or do you charge for tech support after a certain amount of time?

I'd like to introduce my local school district to K12LTSP and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it so that I do not become their perpetual volunteer tech support guy. I also don't want to leave them high and dry. I just want them to be able to support themselves at some point, and I really don't know how long to expect that I'll need to hold their hands.

-Rob

--- On Fri 12/03, Jim Kronebusch < jim winonacotter org > wrote: From: Jim Kronebusch [mailto: jim winonacotter org] To: k12osn redhat com Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:24:55 -0600 Subject: [K12OSN] Good News!

!