[K12OSN] access to samba shares from Linux

Hi everyone,

We can access samba shares on our k12 server via fat MS windows PCs, but I'm having trouble with connecting to those samba shares via my linux laptop. The laptop is on the network and online but when I launch nautilus with the address:
smb://server.ltsp/MY_SAMBA_USERNAME
nothing happens. I can connect to smb shares using the same username on a PC so I know the username is correct and the smb setup works.

I just need to easily move files from my main working machine (my laptop) to the apache server on our k12ltsp box. Another thought was to ftp them across, but I although I have gFTP (to ftp to a web server in another state) I have no idea how to setup ftp access on our local k12 server.

Help with either issues (samba/ftp) would solve the problem.

And, it's offically our last day of school here in Queensland!!

:o)

Debbie
--
http://www.redeemer.qld.edu.au/