[K12OSN] 1160 HP Laserjet Printer

bimal pandit bimalp at indoasian.com
Fri Dec 10 04:19:38 UTC 2004

Dear All,

i am new to this list and am one of the linux enthusiast, i am using
openoffice(office suite), evolution(for mailing) and mozilla/opera for
web browsing.

now a days i am facinbg a problem with a printer as i got an HP-Laserjet
1160 printer and am trying to get it into the network so that we can use
it.
The printer is attached with a windows system and is shared, now on my
linux system when i used printtool to configure it, it was not there so
i went to hpijs project site read all the docs/instructions etc. then
downloaded hpijs-1.7.1.tar.gz and installed it as:

cd /usr/local
tar -xvzf /bimal_data/print_driver/HP/hpijs-1.7.1.tar.gz
cd hpijs-1.7.1/
./configure
make
make install

everything went smoothly and no errors :)

i stopped cupsd and then restarted

again i started printtool and using "smb"(since printer is attached with
windows system) it showed me the printer i configured it and now when i
shoot a print, it starts "THROWING BLANK PAPERS" madly...

what shall i do??

any help in this, will be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Bimal Pandit

NOTE:-
------
1) i am using RedHat linux 9.0

2) it has got hpijs-1.3-32 installed, checked with rpm and the hpij
server is up

hpijs -h
Hewlett-Packard Co. Inkjet Server 1.3
Copyright (c) 2001-2002, Hewlett-Packard Co.

3) after installing new hpijs it shows

hpijs -h
Hewlett-Packard Co. Inkjet Server 1.7.1
Copyright (c) 2001-2004, Hewlett-Packard Co.

4)As per the current database on the site for the same printer, it is
"PERFECTLY" supported.

5) the ppd file is installed perfectly
/usr/share/cups/model/foomatic-ppds/HP/HP-LaserJet_1160-hpijs.ppd.gz

6) also wnet through (II)Foomatic from the user's point of