Re: [K12OSN] Why 4.1.1

Liam Marshall wrote:

I use 4.0 now. I am upgrading my hard drives. I can either stick with the version I have, or go up to the next stable version which is 4.1.1 right?

There is nothing wrong with 4.0 except for a few nagging things. But it is just as easy to migrate the users and home directories to 4.1.1 as to stick with 4.0 or nearly so as makes no difference.

So what are the biggest changes between 4.0 and 4.1.1? What does 4.1.1 offer that 4.0 does not have?

Does it offer anything for student users? Teachers? Is it Easier to administer/update? Why would I go to this version?

I guess what I am asking is, is there a faq or something that lists the changes/upgrades/additions between 4.0 and 4.1.1?

thanks in advance