[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.0 beta #7 & a new mirror

Olle Niit olle at paalalinn.com
Sun Dec 12 08:10:16 UTC 2004

Eric Harrison wrote:

> The seventh beta build of K12LTSP 4.2.0 has been uploaded.
>
> I still have not been able to reproduce the ISO booting issue
> a few have reported. To mitigate the issue, I included a copy
> of boot.iso in with the K12LTSP ISOs. It is small, so it doesn't
> really hurt much & it can come in handy.

I think I have seen this problem.
4.2.0 beta5 was booted and installed correctly in 2 different computers
- Dell laptop and AMD Athlon 900 computer.
Now I tried to install it to totally new machine AMD Smptron 2600+ MSI
K3M motherboard and samsung 52x32x52x cdrw.
So no booting. I tried same type cdrw - nothing. I tried old dvdrom -
nothing.

Now I was booting same dvd-rom with old AMD Duron 750 - it works, now I
changed dvd-rom with cdrw and it works too. So I burned boot.iso from
first setup cd and booted from it to install linux to this new machine.

All other hardware and software works well.
ISO's was rsynced, md5sum was ok, k3b in k12ltsp4.1.1 was used to
writing cd-s.
Older computers haven't this booting problem.
boot.iso boots ok,
win2000 boots ok,
but k12ltsp4.2.0 beta5 disk1 not a single time boots in this new computer.

Olle Niit