[K12OSN] Are Digital PC 500s kosher?

Hi folks

Just came across a school that has a load of Digital PC 500 (Intel 300) collecting dust - Try as I may, I can't get them to act as thin clients, or even load Linux on the HDrive. Tried RealTech NIC cards with booting Rom-O-Matic floppies to no avail. The question seems to revolve around architecture - can any guru or experienced person help clarify if these type of CPUs will work with Linux?

Thanks

Alan Hodson
El Paso ISD - TX
aahodson episd org