Re: [K12OSN] Are Digital PC 500s kosher?

Alan A Hodson wrote:

Hi folks

Just came across a school that has a load of Digital PC 500 (Intel 300) collecting dust - Try as I may, I can't get them to act as thin clients, or even load Linux on the HDrive. Tried RealTech NIC cards with booting Rom-O-Matic floppies to no avail. The question seems to revolve around architecture - can any guru or experienced person help clarify if these type of CPUs will work with Linux?

Open one of them up and physically look at the network card chip. Same if it's on board. You should be able to tell the NIC controller by doing a google on the id numbers on the chip. Then find it here

http://www.rom-o-matic.net/5.2.5/etherboot-5.2.5/src/bin/NIC

--

Robert Arkiletian C++ GUI tutorial http://fltk.org/links.php?V219