Re: [K12OSN] restore backup with chroot + grub-install

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 06:37, Burke Almquist wrote:

> Since you were talking about Rsync and doing multiple copies with tar,
> I thought this might be a useful compromise, the benefits of
> incremental backups for speed, with the completeness of full backups.
> http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/index.html

That's a good idea, but this one is even better:
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/
It compresses the stored files, finds duplicates whether from the
same machine or not and links them to save space, schedules
the runs for you, and has a nice web interface to browse the
backups, grab copies of files or restore them back to the
source machine.  It can use tar, rsync, or windows file shares
for the copies, and allows you to specify different 'owners' of
machines that are allowed to access the backups.  I run it on
my desktop machine on a big ide drive and it backs up about 25
other machines at night.

----
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com