[K12OSN] Deepfreeze

Jason tuxnician at execulink.com
Tue Dec 14 20:48:56 UTC 2004

Hi Lonnie,

I've used Deep Freeze for a few years now.  I have not found a way to
allow updates on a frozen drive. I don't think it's possible. In the
past I have installed antivirus software on another partition and left
it thawed to allow updates.

You can have the login script unthaw a machine which will force it to
reboot.  The next time the login script is ran it will freeze the
machine.  You can run updates inbetween but it would be a pain.

DF has helped save time and effort in re-cloning machines.  Someone
makes a change you just need to reboot.