Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.0 beta #7 & a new mirror

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 04:43 -0500, Jay Pfaffman wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:45:30 -0800 (PST), Eric Harrison
> <eharrison mail mesd k12 or us> wrote:
>
> > The University of Kentucky was kind enough to donate significant
> > bandwidth & disk space.
>
> As the one who cajoled folks here at UTK.edu to set up an account for
> Eric, I'd like to point out that utk.edu is the University of
> TENNESSEE in Knoxville. :-)

Ack! I can't believe I blew that one! Where did I get Kentucky from?
(On the way back from LTSP-by-the-Sea, my plane sprung a hydraulic
 leak and I got stuck in Kentucky for 7 hours waiting for it to be
 fixed!)

Thank you Professor Pfaffman & the University of TENNESSEE in
Knoxville. :-)

> Having K12LTSP updates on my LAN is a nice benefit, but I wouldn't
> mind if folks who use K12LTSP and are considering getting a degree in
> instructional technology knew that Tennessee was a place to consider
> when looking at schools.  I'm looking for ways to advocate for Open
> Source Software in schools and places to do studies of how it improves
> teaching and learning and changes the way that teachers and students
> use computers in schools.
>
>  >  http://sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/linux/k12ltsp/
>  >   ftp://sunsite.utk.edu/pub/linux/k12ltsp/

-Eric