[K12OSN] icewm slow to launch apps

Rob Owens robowens at myway.com
Wed Dec 15 11:36:23 UTC 2004

First let me say that this problem is on my home machine which is running Mandrake 10.0

IceWM is taking a long time to launch any application.  Even simple ones like the KPPP internet dialer.  Ice itself loads up quickly as usual, but when compared w/ KDE, IceWM is taking much longer to load an application.  And if I load an app, close it, and then re-open it, it still takes a long time (I thought it would have been in RAM and load much faster the 2nd time).

Any ideas why this might be?  I don't think it has always been this way on my machine, but I cannot swear to it.

-Rob