[K12OSN] Maine and Laptops

well as expected looks like they are going to require laptops or 1 to 1 in
some fashion.

Today's Bangor Daily news indicates they will require thru new model of
essential services and programs that schools 7-12 (by 2008?) have laptops
(or we will see language hopefully later today).  The state will fund 55%
and the local school will fund 45%.  Oh I hope they leave angles for
people like us to be innovative.

amazing how just after Palasky, we are now supposed to locally fund 45% of
a laptop program from 7-12.   On the other hand, I feel a lot more school
may be looking toward Open Source and thin clients as options.

thoughts?

thanks
Shane

Shane Stafford, MCSE, MCT
Director Information Services Glenburn School and Town
Educational System Integrator/Network Engineer
S & B Consulting