Re: [K12OSN] need some help with dhcpd errors

John Baillie wrote:

Things are working again but var/log/messages shows some dhcp errors.

It looks like dhcpd is wanting to service eth1 and eth2 in addition to
eth0.

I looked at dhcp.conf all looks normal. As I'm  write this it becomes
apparent I that what I need to find out is which file controls the
interfaces that will listen for dhcp requests.

You can safely ignore those messages, they are just warnings. If you wish to ensure that dhcpd will only service requests on eth0 regardless of your configured dhcpd subnets and the interface addresses, then modify /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd so the line not commented out reads:

DHCPDARGS=eth0

Chris

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021